How to Prepare for IAS/UPSC Exam after 12th?
"How to Prepare for IAS Exam after 12th?". The minimal educational certification necessary to undertake the IAS exam is college graduation. You must have a college degree from an accepted university to aim the IAS exam conducted by UPSC annually. So does that mean you begin getting yourself ready for the IAS exam just immediately after your graduation? Certainly not! Assuming you have just completed your schooling, and then are pre-determined on the ambition to be an IAS/IPS officer to serve the country, our suggestions will be to begin your IAS preparation immediately! You should not wait until you become 21 YEARS OLD or simply receive graduation. Preparation for IAS exam soon after 12th is an effective call for anybody who is inclined to being a civil servant. In the event you begin your IAS preparation early on, you will get an added opportunity to clear the IAS examination and begin your civil services job early on. This would set you on the path of great distance in your career and you will probably end up being the Cabinet Secretary (that's the top IAS Position) based upon your competence after all. The concern now could be “What is the way to prepare for IAS after 12th”. This post provides you with a couple of guidelines on how to get ready for UPSC just after 12th standard.
What should you do after 12th to get ready for the IAS exam?
- Find out more about civil services. Learn about everything associated with a civil servant or a diplomat. If at all possible, speak with an IAS officer and uncover the perspective& facts from the horse’s mouth. Think about is it what you wish? If the response is ‘yes’, read on…
- Consider a graduation program which involves history and polity. These types of subjects are actually of great importance towards UPSC syllabus.
- Throughout your college, learn these subjects effectively bearing in mind the UPSC syllabus.
- When you get a degree of excellence in these subjects, you can even elect one of these as the elective subject.
- Besides that, begin studying public administration, economics, etc. You may also study all these subjects as the main subject, all based on your interests and understanding.
- Don’t shed contact with fundamental maths which you understood and learned at school. This is required for the CSAT paper during the IAS Prelims. Find out more about IAS exam structure.
- Make sure you study as an IAS aspirant rather than a bunking undergraduate.
- Utilize your college or university library. Go through as many relevant books as is feasible.
- Introduce the tendency of reading the everyday newspaper and maintain up to date with the most recent events in the country as well as the globe.
- Improve your social skills and conversation skills. Make an effort to build a good persona which would assist you in the IAS interview in the future.
- No reason to discard your NCERT books. They are the fundamental books to learn meant for the UPSC exam.
- Figure out how to make notes you need to undertake precisely the same.
- Practice recent years IAS question papers.
To find out more in order to read a newspaper for IAS preparation, how to clear the IAS exam Prelims and Mains, as well as how to ace the UPSC Interview, read our blogs